Tina Turner- the long-reigning queen of rock’n’roll, living legend & my personal hero– sets the record straight about her illustrious career and complicated personal life in this eye-opening and compelling memoir. Faced with an array of health issues and family tragedies in recent years, Tina reflects on her own extraordinary life’s journey, finding grace and purpose even in the darkest hours. “My Love Story” is an explosive and inspiring story of a woman who dared to break any barriers put in her way. Emphatically showcasing Tina’s signature blend of grit, energy, heart, and soul, this memoir is as enthralling and moving as any of her greatest hits.
“…And you know what I say to people who ask, “What do you do when all the odds are against you?” I say, “You keep going. You just don’t stop. No matter, if there’s one slap to the face, turn the other cheek. And the hurt you’re feeling? You can’t think about what’s being done to you in the past. You just have to keep going” -T.T.
Have you ever wondered what life is really about? I have. Many times. Especially when I was drained emotionally & exhausted physically. That’s generally when thoughts as such creep in.
Everyone is more receptive to common, very average life where everyone’s expectations are the same. How about experiencing uncommon life? Life where you feel fully alive, where you let go of your inhibition & where you live life of the highest aspirations. No one wants to climb mountains that at the end turn out to be the wrong ones. Don’t always look for tangible things in life. Look for things that are deep inside of you & things that will guide you to better life. Perhaps life that is unexamined yet. Those qualities are inside of every single one of us. We just need to wake them up.
- Have a self- honor. This means- be true to yourself cause you have no one else to fool. Respect your values & accept your flaws. Flaws are part of who you are. Flaws define you.
- Respect your ideas even if they are different & unconventional. Go towards your dreams even if everyone around you don’t get you. Keep your chin up & be proud of your ambitions. Have confidence & stick up for yourself.
- My favorite- be genuine. We are all build to love. Open your heart & forgive anyone you haven’t forgiven. Let go of relationships that steal your happiness. Love people unconditionally & faithfully. Nurture with your heart- not your hands.
- Express your creativity. I’m a super creative person. Ideas flow constantly thru my mind. I’ve always been different & original. So don’t hold your creativity. Be ridiculously curious. Adore books & learn to love learning. Exercising your brain is great.
- Experience life’s beauty. Travel broadly. Start hiking. Get lost in the woods, forests or mountains where cell phones don’t work. Fell in love with nature. Read books. Laugh loudly with friends. Smile every time you make eye contact with someone. And smile like you mean it. Eat delicious food, drink great wine. Buy flowers. Loosen up to dancing. Play songs you like & just dance to it. Dance when you’re alone. Be yourself. No one can see you. Sing in the car when you’re stuck in traffic. Play your favorite song & sing it out loud. No one can hear you.
- Be altruistic. Generosity is a beautiful & fulfilling thing. Whether it’s monetary or simply volunteering- start giving. Pay it forward. We need kind & generous people now more than ever. It’s not only how you live but who you help.
Those 6 are my personal believes of what’s life’s all about. All 6 define me and have never disappointed me. I wrote this with an open heart and utmost authenticity. If you feel unfulfilled on some level & you don’t know how to change it- borrow my ideas. Because life is waiting for you & days are slipping away.
“No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind” – Taylor Swift